BELOW ARE A LIST OF POSITIONS WITH JOB DESCRIPTIONS . IF YOU FEEL LIKE YOU WOULD BE A GOOD FIT FOR ANY POSITIONS LISTED BELOW PLEASE EMAIL THE BOARD.
There are multiple board positions currently open and more may open as we have current board members whose children will be aging out soon.
Job Descriptions for Each Member of the Board of Directors:
- Calls to order business meetings of the Board and the General Committee.
- Serves as the Goffstown United Soccer Club coordinator.
- In instances where disciplinary measures appear appropriate or are recommended, the
President will convene a special meeting of the Board.
- In the absence of the Field Coordinator, shall make decisions on field playing conditions.
- Tie breaking vote only.
- Shall establish the short term and long-term goals of GUSC, with approval of the Board.
- Acts as a liaison to NHSL, including attending meetings, distribution of paperwork, etc.
- Secures field space from the town and school district for each season.
- Supports each member of the Board of Directors.
- Researches and passes along information regarding tournaments to coaches.
- Receives and deposits checks from registrations, donations, reimbursements, etc.
- Collects and disburses funds as operational necessity dictates.
- Reimburses coaches for approved coaching clinics and licenses.
- Manages bank accounts.
- Keeps records of receipts and expenditures of GUSC.
- Renders statement of financial condition on a monthly basis.
- Assists any approved fund-raising committee.
- Oversee all financial transactions and record keeping as it pertains to GUSC.
- Treasurer shall have signature of record along with the President of the Tri-Town Board.
- Will be responsible for ensuring our GotSoccer account is up to date on payments.
- Notifies the Board of meetings, and other general meetings as determined by the President.
- Records minutes of all meetings. Minutes shall be written and send to all Board members within
14 days after the meeting.
- Assists with any public relations tasks at the request of the Public Relations Coordinator or
- Coordinates and maintains all GUSC correspondence within and outside of the league.
- Issues press releases and other GUSC news as required.
- Manages and updates the club’s social media accounts.
- Leads advertising efforts to raise awareness of GUSC, particularly for tryouts.
- Shall work with the President on updating and maintaining our website.
- Will function as the Event Coordinator for special GUSC-related events.
- Shall be responsible for maintaining player records.
- Coordinate player registration for spring and fall programs and delivers registration fees to the
- Ensures that all players are legal and of proper age before players or teams are allowed to
participate in any GUSC game.
- Shall be responsible for all registrations as it pertains to Travel teams.
- Shall review completed packages, furnished by each coach, for conformity to NHSL
- Maintains and trains board members and coaches in the use of GotSoccer.
- Shall be responsible to secure and maintain all GUSC owned equipment, order equipment as
necessary, and recommend to the Board all equipment requirements.
- Facilitate, order, and distribute uniform orders.
- Assist Field Maintenance with field preparations.
- Secures port-a-potties, light towers, and other necessary equipment each season.
- Shall coordinate field usage with the Tri-Town Board, including setting times for games.
- Shall make final decisions on field playing conditions and shall notify Travel coaches.
- Schedule home games as required through NHSL.
- Assist coaches with rescheduling games due to weather.
- Schedule practice times and locations.
- Shall coordinate with GUSC Board for field maintenance during the soccer season and to
appoint, as required, personnel to properly maintain the soccer fields, as required by the GUSC
- Prior to each season, layout and line the fields in accordance with NHSL requirements.
- Coordinate with coaches for volunteers in field setup, lining of fields, and clean-up day.
- Orders field lining supplies as required.
- Coordinate restoration of fields.
Director of Coaching:
- Responsible for instructing, and improving quality of coaching by holding clinics, coordinating
coaching license activities with NHSL, and providing specific materials to coaches to keep them
- Will maintain documentation of coaches licensing status and reminders when out of date or they
need additional licenses.
- Review coaching applications and provide input to the Board on final selections.
- Organize a forum to solicit individuals to coach.
- Shall identify and address weak areas in the club’s operations.
- Serves as a member of the disciplinary committee.